This week we have Fai-is-sexy, an Australian artist who has a wonderful gallery of fanarts and originals created using traditional medias as well as computer drawn pieces. I was surprised when I saw Vector artwork in there too as you do not see this very often, and compared to drawing with brushes vector is a whole other ball game! With such a varied and colourful gallery, I couldn’t stop flicking through page after page!
My first main source of inspiration to draw was from my dad, I’d always find funny drawings around the house and want to do the same sort of thing. In primary school we’d do a lot of drawing, there was one kid in class that was great, I’d always aspire to be as good as him, so I’d practice, and practice. It wasn’t until high school when I met my best friend, she got me into anime. After seeing this art style I wanted to draw the same things. I practiced harder and kept doing so for 11 years. My main message to everyone is keep practicing and have fun, look for inspiration in others artworks and use tutorials to help develop your skills further.
If you want to be featured on our Saturday Fanart Feature please email your submissions to email@example.com and follow the guidelines below.
1. Tell us about yourself, your influences, media choices and anything else you want us to know. (no commission, trade or sale information please)
2. You can submit maximum 4 images in JPEG format, 300dpi and longest edge max 730pixels and let me know which one you want to be the main feature (main feature will be cropped to 730px wide x 511px high so pic an image close to that size) . Images can be fanarts of animations, comics/manga, video games and movies.
3. Tasteful images only, no nudies or violence. Anything unsuitable will not be displayed.
4. Please provide any links to your art page so we can help people find your gallery (eg. Deviantart, instagram, tumblr etc etc)
5. If you want to protect your art online, it’s your discretion if you want to add watermarks.